Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm not feeling this chick...



Q:
This is the sort of problem I hear from my female friends all the time, but I didn’t think it would happen to me. Two weeks ago, my friend set me up with a close friend of his. The date went well but she’s not really my type. She’s attractive and all, but I wasn’t really into her. At the end of the evening, I told her I’d give her a call, just to be polite. Of course, I had no intention of doing so. Since then, my friend has been telling me that the girl really enjoyed the evening and wanted to go out with me again. Last week, she called me up and invited me for drinks with our common friend and girlfriend. How do I tell her I really don’t want to go out with her without offending her? And how do I know I tell my well-meaning friend that I’m not interested in this girl?

A: Never tell a girl you’ll call her if you don’t mean it. Apparently, the silly little things actually believe us, and they get all disappointed and resentful if we don’t actually call. They even believe us when we tell them we love them just as we’re about to slip them the hot beef injection. Which shows that men and women really are from different planets. Now this girl. . .you say she’s attractive, but you weren’t into her. . .but she’s attractive. . .hmmm. . .I must confess that’s never happened to me. If a girl is attractive I usually find myself getting into her (figuratively, not literally), unless she’s a complete and utter idiot. But hey, that’s just me. Just keep being evasive about when you’ll go out next. She’ll get the hint.

No comments: