Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kinda late... but I just saw Eagle Eye the movie


Do you wake-up every morning and immediately look for your laptop to either check-out mails or read the day’s news? To tell you honestly, I do. Let me also divulge to you the fact that I seldom walk the street instead use my wheels to go just to the next street to pick-up some stuff for my new phone. Well, definitely, I depend too much on the technology that we enjoy today. I somehow see myself on the society, on some of the characters actually, from the movie Eagle Eye. These people depend on technology too much, like they develop a very natural way of living in the community with technologies on their hands. Initially, I got interested to sit down and watch the whole film because I knew that it wasn’t a classic, traditional movie that makes me sleep all the way on the couch. Newly invented and astonishing gadgets really caught my attention. But as I started seeing the movie, I was a bit curious what the heck is the relationship of modern technology to the title. I became more excited to finally discover the answer to this one. Can you guess? I bet not. Because even I, myself didn’t get it right for the first few minutes of watching that silver screen.

What fascinated me more is the significant role of Shia LaBeouf in the movie as a very mysterious man who belongs to the society but as I did mention, mysterious… enigmatic in a sense. As series of events went on, I was dazed by La Beouf’s capacity of being a one day advanced person. What am I trying to say? Well, can you imagine a person who knows everything and has contacts anywhere? This man can always be heard over the phone. But eventhough he can’t always be seen physically by the community, even I dread him for that matter. When we take a closer look at LaBeouf and on what he can possibly do, we definitely know the answer now to our previous curiosity. Metaphorically, he’s the eagle eye. Would anyone want an eagle? I bet nobody would. Even in my own room, I don’t like to have any of these eyes, no matter how good they are.

If you think that LaBeouf’s unique ability is the highlight of the story, well, there’s more. Ironically, this perfectly invented machine took an advantage on the people who made him, instead of the fact that people should have been the ones who took advantage on him. It’s like being stabbed at your back by your own hands, right? The movie reaches its peak and I could hardly take my eyes and entire concentration on the screen. I was too excited on what will happen next. This movie really made my day. And in fact, telling these things to you about the film even makes me feel good. It’s as if I want to go and see the movie again and check if I missed some important and exciting details that I should have told you. To continue, LaBeouf made his way and dismantled the whole community. How strange it is to finally realize that ironically, people make things in the intention of being protected by those but instead, their lives are being destroyed by their inventions. Perhaps, like any other good movies, this film tells us something essential to our actions and even attitude toward depending on modern culture that we have now.
Eagle Eye is indeed a big success. It makes sense.. not only for my eyes, but I’m pretty sure, for yours too.

No comments: