Monday, November 3, 2008

Some quick fashion Q and A


Q: Sometimes, when I’m too busy to style my hair, I think it would be great if I could just wear a hat. But then I end up looking like a goon. And my head is just too big. Are hats only for certain people, like, um, models?

A: Of course not. all hats can be unflattering on a shorter man and a man with a relatively larger head. If you are in either category, face up to it and get over it: don’t wear hats. Besides, hats should strictly be taken off indoors.
___

Q: As tacky as it sounds, i'm a huge fan of bling. I wear anything from flashy rings, necklaces, watches, and earrings. How much is too much for a straight guy?

A: This is a dilemma of personal style and the social situation. Per se there is nothing wrong with bling. We’ve always appreciated stylish jewelry on men, especially in celebratory settings like a cool party or a fun club. “Too much” can be defined as a point when it makes people around you uncomfortable. Being stylish is always being about being aware of the context in which yu dress. For a professional setting such as meetings, we’d suggest no more than a necklace and a ring or a bracelet. Unless its a guys night out of peacocking, leave everything else at home.


No comments: